THE 6 TROUBLE FREQUENCIES THAT COULD RUIN YOUR MIX CHEAT SHEET
Facebook video is one of the hottest features on the platform. The company is in a war with YouTube for video supremacy and as a result, it pushes video content into the News Feed far more often than normal posts. That said, this applies only to native videos that are directly uploaded to Facebook, not videos that are embedded from YouTube or Vimeo via links or embed codes. Here are 7 tips for publishing your Facebook video culled from my Social Media Promotion For Musicians Second Edition handbook.
1. Schedule your videos for the time that the most fans will see it so the content stays fresh. The best time is between noon and 3PM.
2. Set an expiration date to help with any licensing restrictions. If you’re posting something that might have a copyright problem, this is one way to get around it.
3. Add captions to tell your story without sound. Many viewers watch the video with the audio turned off.
4. Edit and manage your videos with Facebook’s video library tools.
5. Take advantage of Facebook’s embedded video player to be able to embed them on other platforms.
6. Utilize secret videos that must be accessed through a dedicated URL so they’re only available to fans (see the graphic on the right). This provides value-added content to super-fans that make up your core audience.
7. Track your metrics, especially your top videos, engagement and retention graphs. This is available from within Facebook so no need to pay for 3rd party measurements.
Creating a Facebook video is one thing, but publishing it is another. Here are some things you can do to get more engagement from your videos. Facebook videos allow you to reach more of your audience without having to pay for the privilege than with normal posts, so they’re a powerful way for extending your brand and growing your audience.
You can read more from The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook and my other books on the excerpt section of bobbyowsinski.com.